Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Cuttlefish."


Our nephew is over at our house on a sleepover, and while browsing through our movie shelf, he noticed our copy of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and asked, "I've haven't seen this. Can we watch it?". Normally on a school night, I would decline, but since it was a pirate movie (and tomorrow is also a minimum day at school anyways), I said, "Sure, why not?".

So after dinner, the munchkins, my nephew, and I were treated to the adventures of Captains Sparrow, Barbossa, Turner, Swann, Jones, and Feng. Gosh, I forgot how long this movie was. That first act with the journey to and from Davy Jones' Locker was a bit slow. The munchkins' attention spans were strained at that point, and they kept wandering in and out of the family room. But they settled in when the movie got interesting again.

I have to admit that Captain Barbossa is my favorite character. He stole the first movie, redeemed the second with his appearance with the final shot of the film, and is just plain cool in the third (although it seems he's forgotten that Sparrow and friends had him killed at the end of the first movie...). I'm going to have to get the action figure of this guy.

No comments: