Thursday, January 3, 2008

Welcome And Best Wishes For The New Year!

I began this blog because I'm a big fan of the High Seas and the Age of Sail. My appreciation goes back to when I was in the third grade, and while looking through an illustrated history book, I caught a glimpse of a painting of two naval warships duking it out under the cover of darkness. These two ships just happened to be the Serapis and the Bonhomme Richard from the Battle of Flamborough Head. After seeing that picture, I was hooked.

I plan to contribute on a regular basis in providing any news, trivia, or personal thoughts on the subject of sailing ships, their crew, and the waters they travel. With the recent influx in movies, books, and games, I hope to be posting for quite some time! So sit back, have a grog, and enjoy!

No comments: